Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mohan ke Das Gandhi

Gandhi – Keshav! I sometimes feel jealous…

Krishna – Jealous??? Of me???

Gandhi – Yeah…they don’t make such delicious, mouth watering panchamrita on my birthday down there, do they? All they do is flag hosting and sing some songs…I mean what’s the use if you don’t even mean it…

Krishna – Haha…don’t let chitragupta hear you say that, he’ll put you in detention in hell! Always looks for a reason…and anyways, off late the quality of every panchamrita they make on earth has deteriorated, ruddy adharmis…so there’s no need to be jealous!!!

Gandhi – Hell…and we thought we were dying for a good cause! It’as all shown negative results – this freedom event, hasn’t it?

Krishna – I don’t know, all negative as it may seem, but there are still some people…what do they call them these days – old fashioned! Whoever tries to do some good…

Gandhi – If only, fashion had to do with morality…

Krishna – Don’t know what you are frowning about! At least, you spent good time on earth…and even made exit in style!

Gandhi – Don’t tell me you were not pleased with yours…I mean, you could have changed it, couldn’t you? After all you are perhaps the most popular incarnation of Vishnuji!

Krishna – Like hell I am! And people still won’t listen to me…Specially Brahmaji, tried to bribe him to write the script in a better manner, but no – I am Lord Krishna, my comforts are immaterial as compared to the process of infusing earthlings with sense of dharma and karma…

Gandhi – And wasn’t it? Remember those lines –
Sab Janm mujhi se paate hain
Sab Laut mujhi mein aate hain
Yeh dekh gagan mujhmein lai hai…
I mean, your choices are immaterial – literally!!!

Krishna – That’s ruddy unfair, trying to quote earthly words on me. But I expect no less from you – you used to quote and misquote me on earth as well…

Gandhi – Hey, anything for bringing people on the right path! And you yourself are mayapati – didn’t you use tricks sometimes to use situations to your advantage…

Krishna – I am allowed that, all for the well being of universe, you see (winks)!!!

Gandhi – By the way, what was the thing that you wanted to change about your stay on earth?

Krishna – Well…you know!!! After that hours long speech on Karma and Dharma (Read Bhagwad Gita), ‘least some one could have done is to offer me a glass of water…but no – (mockingly) Madhusudan to Vishnu ke awatar hain. He won’t need anything as simple as water. None of the idiots thought that even Gods feel the earthly needs when on earth!!!

Gandhi – Hahaha…why didn’t you ask for it? I mean, Arjun was there…All he needed to do was to shoot one arrow inside the earth!

Krishna – (Frowning) Vyaasji forgot to put it in script! So couldn’t ask for it…

Gandhi – Brahmaji should’ve consulted a better script writer…but anyways, it was worth every effort. Perhaps, only text worth following practically and religiously…

Krishna – Hey, what about the speaker? Will it kill you to praise me sometimes?

Gandhi – Frankly, you are too much Keshav! You are supposed to be above these common ‘earthly’ feelings…

Krishna – Doesn’t hurt you much to do it, does it anyway?? And would have been happier had people really been following it…I mean some of them really do, even partially doing it is good but such a miniature fraction…God!!!

Gandhi – Is that why this recession precaution? To bring people back to the temples?

Krishna – Not really actually, recession is just a temporary crest in the economic cycle. But it does test one anyways…

Gandhi – Hmmm…Its really taking the hell out of people to be precise (looks down) – people without water, electricity, swine flu to top it all…

Krishna – I won’t really care if I were you. They deserve it – all for Karma and Dharma…

Gandhi – You don’t mean it! Just flash your finger and it’s all gonna be good.

Krishna – No, they all have the opportunity to mould their fates. They should’ve acted when they had chance. I didn’t ask them to vote on caste lines…did I?

Gandhi – What ‘as it got to do with leaders?

Krishna – Everything, you see! Had they chosen a better leader, they would’ve got better living opportunities. And some of them are lazy enough, that they don’t even bother to go to polling stations. So much for the pains of remembering and then oozing every word of Gita. I lost a major quantum of my energy assuming that vishwaswarup, and they have forgotten it all…

Gandhi – Though, they all bother to go to temples regularly, offering sweets and lots of other things. What was the cost of those ornaments that businessman offered…1.2 crore! I wonder what the income tax people are doing…

Krishna – Wealth and offerings are the least that matter to me! If I were content with sweets, I’ld have told them…they are supposed to keep the karma cycle running – smoothly. Now, have they been doing it? If only, they would all do their work honestly…damn, these people!!!

Gandhi – I understand, it’s frustrating having to look at all these misjudgments, misdeeds…but that’s all we can do.

Krishna – Say for yourself, mate! I am here only till the paap ka ghada fills itself. Then, I’ll be off to earth, once again.

Gandhi – I do hope, it serves them good. Oh! And Bhagwan, Happy Birthday, by the way…

Krishna – (Smiles) Thanks a lot, dude! And a Happy Independence Day to you…

Gandhi – Independence!!! (rolls eyes…looking around) Yeah…

No comments:

Post a Comment