Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The man and the sea

Infinite, he offered vauntingly
I stood, frozen in time
Miniscule sand beneath me
Turquoise above, all I could stammer was – lonely
He laughed at the offence
Reclined and waved high
Do you not see my swain
Shore & rocks – my romance?

Mates that you cannot mate…
Allude and flow back
Vile and horrible yours
If, this is the fate;
Beyond the horizon lies
Lie is your pursuance.
Inadvertent your sins may be
And suffer you in penance.

And what lies in you,
O man so mortal?
With soul enigmatic and
Secrets dark colossal.
Is your heart so barren
That no flowers shall bloom
Am I to have no fragrance
Let alone ennui and gloom?



To he, who holds Atlantis
To live is no mystery
For the story happed,
To you, and yesterday is history.
Sunny, was it when Columbus
Set sail, how Vikings fought
Were they oh-so-brave?
How far did they go, when
The sun was pale, did hang
They albatross, did they, grave?
O mighty, Poseidon!
Your waves do steer
To seek your treasures
And elude your wrath
Unfathomed profundity we fear.
What of me, the ephemeral
Death will binge before
The verve, yarns are yours
And legends eternal.

Say what you may
But truth cannot be vary
For deep inside you rot
Hideous world of agony
And promises that you parry.
When your tears run dry
And roads beckon no more
Come to me, my fellow traveler
Hitherto untraveled this
Path, only us can be ally…

2 comments: