Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Dilemma


It was my 24th year on this planet. Life was seemingly...good - I had a bungalow, a car, a job with a reputed IT firm, a fat pay package and on top of that, a girlfriend!!!

But something was missing. I didn't know what it was, or even why I missed it. But there was this undeniable void. While everyone envied me for always having the best of things, deep in the abyss of my mind I was envious of them.

The feeling gripped me hard, didn't let me sleep for nights, let alone the nightmares. Sometimes, it was so overwhelming that I felt like committing suicide.

And then, one day God spared his/her time to glance through this of his/her creations. I wonder which of my qualities (or my quandry) drew him/her to me...But yes, he/she took pity and decided to alter my acuities.

Dressed as a modern Guru, came he/she down. His/Her thoughts swept me off my feet, or rather my brain. And then...and then there was light.

Now, I know that the greatest battles of one's life are fought within. The purpose of sending us incarnated as humans was not only to make 'our' life better only. This was meant to serve a higher purpose. 'We' are meant to serve a higher purpose. There's more to our life than just being us, we are meant to make the world a better place to live - for others and for ourselves. There remains a lot to do...

2 comments:

  1. Once people reach this level of consciousness there is no stopping them. So may the best side win in the battle that you wage within.
    Well written.
    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way why is it called the dilemma? it should be called The awakening. Just my opinion. You are the best judge.

    ReplyDelete