Friday, August 29, 2008

A Tale of Two Dads

Yesternight I was scruitnizing the pages of a book titled, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". The author has critically analyzed how the middle class and the 'upper class' perceptions about money differ and how they influence one's life.

The emphasis on getting ample money has actually two ways, according to author:

1. You save money.
2. You generate money.

Quite interestingly, the advice(s) showered over him are courtesy his two dads. Of course, the American system of life has bestowed on him the privilege of being brought up by two dads.

More than the question - How can I generate money and achieve financial stability?, was intriguing the stark contrast between American and Indian ways of living.

The author has through out the book quoted the difference in the teachings of his two fathers, and tried to set an example for us. He obviously is not bothered by the fact that he is revealing much more of his private life to others than he ought to.

I mean, how would it sound if an Indian would be manifesting the divorce of his mother and then subsequent marriage to a man richer than the previous? Lolz...In two decades of my life, I'm yet to witness such an 'exemplary' phenomenon!!!

And then on Sunday there was an article in TOI by Shashi Tharoor explaining the bizzare fact that Americans look for a non-divorcee, non-drinker, non-smoker, a complete teetotaller person as their leader with a holier than thou attitude.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
and their hippocracy.

PS: Save the Americans, I think we Indians are no less hypocrite. But I'll save that for the next time since I gotta rush for my class...
C ya ppl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment