Monday, August 27, 2007

The abt me?

Each such site that is a public domain and displays your profile has this questionWrite -- “About Me”……….Quite a painful task I must say ……….. not that you can’t write one but it takes a lot of thinking and with the advent of Google I guess the day is not far off when you will search yourself in there ……… imagine a result saying “NOT FOUND”(BTW – try this … quite an interesting exercise) …..Ok …. Well the point we were on was writing about “me” in public domains, but I don’t intend to dwell on this issue ……….. when I was migrating to this new blogger page … I saw my “About Me” section ………thought, lets change it and was stuck …………Really if you want to just write off something then forget it ……… but if you give it a serious thought …. It really is a difficult task ………. (I know I get abstract thoughts out of no where………) But then I decided to take the difficult way ………. I chose to write a few lines about me.Well the first line took me about 5 minutes ………. And then what I came up with was my name …………..whooopppppss…………I thought it’s just another day when I get really thoughtless /mindless……Blind in other words ….So I thought I’ll take up this task after sometime but I’ll make sure I do it ……So set a reminder for myself in my cell ……reminder @ 1 am …. (I am at my best at this time ……. J beautiful abstract meaningless thoughts pop up at this time to nocturnal people like me …) So now I was all set to write about myself with all favorable conditions like my cozy bed, my lamp, a crystal full of ice tea, a ciggi and the time of course. I picked up a pencil and a paper to do myself the honor. I was about to write an autobiography. But now here I was a bit confused ….What shall be the format, should it be an essay or will it be one liners……?Then I thought lets use a pen instead and then I changed from my pad to a neat blank paper and made numerous such redundant adjustments …............................. Somehow it seemed that I was trying to avoid the task …. Trying to find excuses ……It was already 1:30 am and believe me I had not penned a single word……..It was now getting really frustrating, I knew, I was running away from myself …....Till date I had only heard friends doing stuff like this, they said they did it for introspection (some did it out of compulsion….MBA application). And I thought of them to be idiots ……And I now knew that they were IDIOTS ….. Tell me do you hurt yourself like this …….It’s actually humiliating not being able to write about yourself.But that’s how it is ……….. at least with me … Never mind, to give up is not me ……. I’ll try again …………..Did u notice …….. did u ……… I just wrote one good thing about myself …Hmmmm………………… I guess that’s how it is ought to be ……… I need to deduce myself from my environment, from the people around me, the way my friends think of me, the way I think of them, the way I see things around me and most importantly “I am what I want to be …………” What say? Anyways the task still needs to be done ……… and am glad that it happened like this at least I don’t have to do it in compulsion …. Lets see....... today too the reminder is set to 1 am and with all the favorable conditions, I hope I’ll discover who I am ………….. With Love to myself …….From Myself ….

No comments:

Post a Comment