Wednesday, August 29, 2007

LOST ART

Fellow Islanders all of us irrespective of caste, creed , gender and age crave for a feeling of importance. This desire is one of the factors that differentiates a human being from an animal. The deepest urge in human nature is the desire to be appreciated. But we ordinary mortals though possessing the same craving seldom use the art of appreciation for others. Remember the old couplet, " Once I did bad and that I heard ever, Twice I did good but that I never heard." For others we display our expertise in criticism little realising that they also have the same craving for appreciation as we have. Therefore friends lets be lavish and sincere in our praise for others as opposed to flattery, lets appreciate the slightest improvement and all improvements and lets appeciate the goodwill surrounding us. It works like a magic potion exactly opposite to the spirit of criticism. Lets revive the dying and neglected art of appreciation and please adhere to the maxim " Every person I meet is my superior in some way, in that I learn from him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment